Director General of JSC Lithuanian Railways
Date of birth
6 March, 1953, Varėna Region, Šarkiškiai Village
(8 5)269 2038
Graduated from Varėna Secondary School.
Vilnius Engineering Construction Institute. Faculty of Mechanics Technology. Study program – Vehicle Transport, acquired qualification of Engineer – Mechanic.
Lithuanian Management Academy, acquired qualification of Technology Manager.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Faculty of Transport Engineering, doctoral degree awarded.
2011 - present
Docent of the Faculty of Transport Engineering at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University.
29 March 2006 - present
Director General of JSC Lithuanian Railways.
Head of Passenger Transportation Directorate of SC Lithuanian Railways.
Consultant at Lindra UAB, President of Lindra - gyvybės draudimas UAB.
Director General of the aviation company Lithuanian Airlines.
President of Lithuanian Road Carriers Association Linava, Vice-president of Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists.
Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Transport and Communications.
Manager of Vievis Transport Enterprise.
Manager of Pakruojis Transport Enterprise.
Engineer of Traffic Safety, acting Chief Engineer of Švenčionys Transport Enterprise.
- Vytautas Andrius Graičiūnas sculptural portrait and gold medal for successful practical management and personal merits in developing air and rail transport in Lithuania, high operational results achieved by the managed company, social activities, and significant sponsorship.
- 1st Degree Medal of Merit "For Vilnius and Nation".
- Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts Award "Silver Labour Star" for personal workplace achievements.
- Belarusian Railways Order of Award for substantial contribution in developing mutual cooperation.
- Diploma of the winner of the International transport industry public award in "Leader of Railway Transport" nomination.
- Award of the Grand Duke Gediminas – 1st Degree Nomination for the development of social infrastructure of the Vilnius Region.
- Order "Badge of Honour of the Railwayman" awarded by the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania.
- "Gold Badge of Honour" awarded by the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists.
- Order "Badge of Gratitude" awarded by the Vilnius Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts.
- Order "Badge of Honour" awarded by the Lithuanian Business Confederation.
- 1st Degree Order of Merit "For the Lithuanian Railways".
- Medal in the memory of Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė "Let Us Serve Lithuania" for philanthropic activities.
- Order "Badge of Honour" awarded by the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Lithuania "For Merits for the System of Communications".
- According to the data of the survey conducted among the readers of the Business News newspaper was selected as "CEO of the Year 2014".
- Acknowledgement of the Chairwoman of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania for the significant contribution in the development of the railway infrastructure in Lithuania.
Participation in community activities
- Chairman of the Lithuanian Intermodal Transport Technological Platform (LITTP).
- Member of the Board of the East-West Transport Corridor Association.
- Member of the presidium of the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists.
- Member of the Board of the Vilnius Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts.
- Honorary member of Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- Member of the Board Vilnius College of Technologies and Design.
- Active involvement in the activity of the Vilnius Regional Association of Industry and Business, Lithuanian Railway Engineers Union and Association of Railroad Services Enterprises GELPA as well as engagement in scientific-pedagogical activities.
Updated on 2016-10-21