Reservation for necessary assistance
Reservation of assistance and information about journeys is available:
Source of information
Information by phone – information center (from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on workdays)
+370 700 55111
Routes, timetables, accessibility of stations, adaptation of trains to special needs, ticket reservation, etc. Reservation of assistance to board and embark from a train, discounts and exemptions.
Information at railway stations
At staffed stations and on information stands next to stations
If the notification is sent by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org it is essential to specify:
- Type of disability;
- Date of the journey, route;
- Station of departure and arrival;
- Time of departure and arrival;
- Contact phone number;
- The presence of an accompanying person.
Reservation of assistance:
- By phone +370 700 55111;
- At Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda and Šiauliai railway stations;
- By e-mail email@example.com
- Passengers who need assistance to board and disembark from a train when planning their journeys in the territory of Lithuania must announce the need of special assistance at least 24 hours prior to the departure of the train.
- Passengers who need assistance to board and disembark from a train when planning their journeys from the territory of Lithuania to international routes must announce the need of special assistance at least 48 hours prior to the departure of the train.
- Every time when planning a journey we recommend to contact railway information center to make sure if a train made accessible to your needs will run on a particular day at a particular time.
- If the staff of JSC "Lithuanian Railways" did not specify the time of arrival at the station before the departure of a train, a disabled person or person with reduced mobility has to arrive at least 30 min. prior to the beginning of the scheduled journey(train departure time.)